St. Ignatius of Loyola at Campus Martius

Via del Caravita, 8a
23
Apr

St. Ignatius of Loyola at Campus Martius

Built in 1626 thanks to the idea (and support) of Cardinal Ludovico Ludovisi, nephew of Gregory XV, the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola at Campus Martius has the shape of a Latin cross with six side chapels.

There are numerous works of art that can be admired inside such as the Glory of St. Ignatius (1685) designed by Andrea Pozzo, the Transit by San Giuseppe di Francesco Trevisani and the Relief of San Luigi Gonzaga by Pierre Legro.

There is also an enormous cultural and historical organ with 37 records set over 3 keyboards and pedal.